Tuesday, February 11, 2014

St. Louis Radio: Jack Clark Apologizes To Pujols

Jack Clark
A lawsuit that could have pitted one former Cardinals slugger against another over allegations of performance-enhancing drug use has been resolved as Jack Clark issued a public retraction Monday night for his comments made about three-time MVP Albert Pujols, according to stltoday.com.

Pujols will drop the lawsuit he filed against Clark as a result, a source with knowledge of the decision confirmed.

“I would like to address Albert Pujols’ pending defamation lawsuit and reconfirm that I have no knowledge whatsoever that Mr. Pujols has ever used illegal or banned PEDs,” Clark said in a statement he released and was provided to the Post-Dispatch.

“I publicly retract my statements that Albert Pujols used such substances. During a heated discussion on air, I misspoke, and for that I sincerely apologize.”

In a statement in response to Clark’s apology, Pujols said: “I have accepted Jack Clark’s retraction and apology to resolve my lawsuit against him and clear my name.”

In October, Pujols sued Clark in St. Louis County over the comments Clark made during an August broadcast of his local sports talk radio show, “The King and The Ripper.” The program, which aired on WGNU 920 AM, has since been canceled.

Clark said that Pujols “was a juicer,” a slang term for a ballplayer who uses steroids or another banned performance-enhancing drug.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment