Thursday, April 17, 2014

Glenn Beck: The Movie Mogul

Glenn Beck
Those who still only know Glenn Beck as a conservative radio and television host will likely be surprised when they see his name in the credits of their favorite movies, but Beck told the Hollywood Reporter in an article published Wednesday that he has every intention of getting into the film business.

“I bought a movie studio for a reason,” Beck said, referring to the 72,000-square-foot facility in Irving, Texas, he purchased in 2013. A number of movies and television shows have been filmed at the facility, including “Robocop,” “JFK,” “Silkwood,” “Prison Break” and “Walker, Texas Ranger.”

“Everybody thinks they know who I am because of my stint on Fox — that was two years of my life,” Beck said. “I’m much more into culture than I am into politics, and that’s where I intend on making my stand.”

The media mogul said he is already developing three original stories to be made into films. One will be set in ancient history, one in modern history and a third he described as “faith-based.”

But Beck was quick to add that he isn’t interested in making movies that preach to the audience. He’d rather create an incredible story that includes a positive message, like recent hits “Lone Survivor” and “Divergent,” or even the 1987 cult classic “The Princess Bride.”

“I have every intent of finding great artists who will tell great stories that aren’t typical,” he added. (The Blaze)

No comments:

Post a Comment