Friday, May 9, 2014

'Radio Guy' Daryl Parks Gets New Gig

Daryl Parks
Former WLW 700 AM programmer and Clear Channel news/talk radio vice president Darryl Parks has a new job in new media – with Simply Money, the financial advice empire founded by Nathan Bachrach and Ed Finke, according to cincinnatitoday.com.

Parks, who media blogger John Kiesewetter says is arguably the most influential person in Cincinnati radio from 1999 to 2010 – was named senior vice president of Simply Money Media, and a member of the Sycamore Township company's executive leadership team.

He will "help us craft our message and work with all of our media partners – CNBC, The Enquirer, Fox 19 and Clear Channel," Bachrach said.

Clear Channel eliminated Parks' corporate position as vice president for news talk operations in November.

"The first thing I said when I left Clear Channel was I no longer want to be defined as a 'radio guy,' " Parks told Kiesewetter.

"Some very cool things are happening with Simply Money in its strategies and expansion goals. I thought it would be great to be included in this venture," he said.

"While I had success doing radio in Cincinnati and other markets, future success will be defined by having expertise across all mediums. Simply Money Media allows me to use my skills in audio, but also the skills I had in television, digital and print," he said.

Parks' advice was a huge factor in boosting ratings for Bachrach and Finke's "Simply Money" show 6-7 p.m. weekdays on WKRC 550 AM, Bachrach has said.

No comments:

Post a Comment