Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Knoxville Radio: WWST's Kim Hansard On Cancer Diagnosis

Kim Hansard
It's been a year since one of Knoxville's most beloved radio personalities was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Kim Hansard of Top40 WWST 102.1 FM Star 's "Marc and Kim in the Morning" show shared the news last October and opened up to her fans throughout her journey through social media.

When you get Marc Anthony and Kim Hansard together, no matter the subject, you're likely to listen and laugh right along with them.

In the first days after diagnosis, the laughter didn't come as easily nor as often.

"Quite frankly a year ago, I wouldn't have ever believed I could have talked about this whole year without tearing up," Hansard told WATE-TV5.

"I wanted to see my son grow up. I wanted to spend many more happy years with my husband. I want to be on Star 102.1 for years with Marc. I want us to grow old and retire together."

Hansard is doing well after a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. She's thankful she didn't require chemotherapy.

To watch Video Interview: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment