Friday, October 10, 2014

Michael O'Rielly Re-Nominated As FCC Commissioner

Michael O'Rielly
President Obama Wednesday renominated FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly for a full five year term.

FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler commented, “Mike O’Rielly and I were confirmed together for his first short term and I look forward to continuing to work with him in his new longer term. Commissioner O’Rielly is deeply committed to the goal of improving the lives of the American people though communications technology, and his intellect and work ethic have made him a tremendous asset to the agency.”

“I am extremely humbled and appreciative of the action by President Obama to consider and approve my nomination to a new term as a Commissioner at the Federal Communications Commission," said O'Rielly. "In my tenure at the Commission, I have appreciated the opportunity to work with my colleagues and the great people at this institution on the dynamic communications policy issues before us. The announcement by the President is an important step in the process, and I respect and honor the role that the U.S. Senate will undertake to consider my nomination as it determines appropriate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment