Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bobby Bones, iHM Partner To Launch TV Production Company

Bobby Bones (Tennessean photo)
Syndicated personality Bobby Bones is expanding his burgeoning media empire by partnering with iHeartMedia to form a television production and development company.

The new venture, Right Side Blind Productions, will be based in Los Angeles and develop both scripted and unscripted content for television and cable networks. But Bones told The Tennessean the company will be Nashville-centric, and an initial goal is to produce a talk show from Nashville. Aside from that project, there are no details about programming, though Bones said meetings are planned with broadcast companies.

“The Bobby Bones Show” will continue to broadcast from the Big 98 WSIX studios in Nashville.

“I love Nashville, it’s my home,” Bones said. “The city is great, and I think it’ll be really cool to bring a national talk show to Nashville.

“One of my goals is to break talent and take some of the music I’m hearing that’s not making it — simply because people aren’t picking it. I want to be one of the people who picks what makes it.”

Bones said the idea for the production company was derived from his desire to get into more television work.

“I’ve done a lot of television over the years, and I wanted to be more of a mogul,” Bones said. “I want to produce shows, star in shows; I had ideas for shows. It was tough trying to develop one show at a time and to pitch it. I went to (iHeartMedia) and we were deciding what to do, and this was the result.”

Bones said the strategy is to leverage the wide reach of iHeartMedia, formerly Clear Channel, the largest radio chain in the country, in order to appeal to advertisers and television partners. He was in New York on Wednesday to meet with potential partners.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment