Friday, February 20, 2015

An Oscar Could Be Next For Glen Campbell's Legacy

Glen Campbell
"I'm Not Gonna Miss You," which Glen Campbell wrote with producer and co-writer Julian Raymond, has already earned the Grammy Award for country song and is in the running for an Academy Award for original song for its use in Keach's documentary "Glen Campbell … I'll Be Me," which was shot largely during Campbell's 2012-13 "Goodbye Tour" after his diagnosis with Alzheimer's disease.

The song expresses with brutal honesty what Alzheimer's does to those who have it, and to those who love and live with them.
"You're the last person I will love 
You're the last face I will recall 
And best of all, I'm not gonna miss you"
"It's the real deal, it's not an actor playing a part," Keach tells The LA Times, who directed "I'll Be Me" and co-produced it with Trevor Albert. "Glen is singing the song from the point of view of a man who is going through this, and those are his words saying goodbye. It's very, very moving in that sense."

Among those rooting for Campbell come Sunday night is Elton John, who recently said of "I'm Not Gonna Miss You": "This is not only the best song nominated; it's one of the most beautiful songs of all time."



Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment