Monday, February 2, 2015

L-A Radio: Mark Thompson Returns To The Airwaves


Mark Thompson
When longtime L-A radio personality Mark Thompson turned off the microphone at the Mark & Brian show for the last time in August 2012 the longtime morning host on KLOS 95.5 FM thought that was the end of his radio career, accoridng to The OC Register.

But today the new show, Mark in the Morning, starts on KSWD 100.3 FM / The Sound, airing weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.

He moved to a house on a lake in North Carolina. In it he built a state-of-the-art studio and from there he and his wife Lynda launched a five-days-a-week podcast that more or less replicated the kind of free-wheeling conversations they typically had over a glass of wine while making dinner.

The last thing he expected was to get job offers, of which he eventually got four, Thompson said. The first three weren’t the right fit. The fourth one, which came about a year ago from 100.3 The Sound, that one got his attention.

KSWD 100.3 FM (5.4 Kw) Red=60dBu Coverage Area
“They call me and they’re offering ‘The Godfather’ offer: Can’t say no,” he says. “It’s classic rock. It’s in L.A., where I have a few friends who enjoy what I do. They said, ‘We want you. We could talk to anybody but you’re the one we want.’

“You know how flattering that is when somebody says, ‘I want you?’” Thompson says. “I felt like I had an opportunity to compete. I felt like I could do it. And so I said yes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment