Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Morning Host Bobby Bones to Pen Bio

Bobby Bones
Radio host Bobby Bones will pen his memoir, in a deal announced Monday by Dey Street Books/HarperCollins.

The Bobby Bones Show is heard on iHeartMedia country music stations, including Washington, D.C., Boston and Nashville. He is also heard nationally through the iHeartRadio digital service.

The Bobby Bones Show has been described as an unscripted, five-hour sprint across the state of country music, modern life, celebrity and social media. Bones also tours across America to sold-out crowds with his comedy duo, The Raging Idiot. In 2014, after just a year in country music, The Bobby Bones Show won its first Academy of Country Music Award.

BONES' HUMBLE BEGINNINGS: Click Here

Bones grew up poor, the son of a single, addicted young mother and an absent father. Bones, born Bobby Estell, is from Mountain Pine, Ark., a lumber mill town with a population under 800. At age five, David Letterman was his personal hero.

First in his family to graduate from college, he landed his first job in radio at age 17, soon took the on-air name "Bobby Bones." He worked in Little Rock, Ark. and Austin before working for iHeartMedia. "I've always been a pretty private guy," Bones reveals. "But I think I found my outlet, which is oddly one of the least private places I can be."

"I'm not a traditional country music guy," said Bones, "but the music reflects where and how I grew up, and yes, you could say my life has been like a country song, full of highs and lows and some crazy stuff along the way. I aim to tell it from the front seat of this roller coaster ride."

No comments:

Post a Comment