Thursday, July 9, 2015

Philly Radio: Tony Bruno, Josh Innes Show Toast At WIP

Tony Bruno, Josh Innes
On Tuesday, new ratings confirmed that Sportsradio WIP 94.1 FM’s “Innes and Bruno Show,” co-hosted by Josh Innes and Tony Bruno, is a hit among listeners, topping the much-coveted Men 25-54 demographic during the spring ratings period.

But, according to philly.com,  the success apparently wasn’t enough for Bruno, who announced he is leaving the show immediately and retiring from radio.

“The format and industry in general no longer provide me joy and satisfaction, even after reaching number one in p.m. drive in record time in my hometown,” Bruno said in a statement posted on his website.

According to insiders at CBS Radio's WIP, Bruno's decision came as a complete shock, and has led to speculation among listners that a frustrated Bruno had enough of Innes’ style of radio.

“I did not quit in haste because I “hated” or couldn’t work with Josh Innes,” Bruno said, noting in an email to management that he’s not angry in any way, shape or form.

“In fact, I feel at peace knowing what I'm doing is right,” Bruno wrote in the email. “I totally understand that my radio career in Philadelphia is over and can live with that. I have no desire to look for another radio or TV job.”

While the two may never have actually fought, sources at WIP say the pair were never really close, a fact Innes alluded to on the air when he said, "We didn’t talk a ton, maybe we didn’t prep enough."

Bruno’s surprise resignation caps off days of speculation over his absence from the show and the cadre of fill-in hosts asked to take his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment