Thursday, August 27, 2015

MSNBC Bumps Al Sharpton To Sunday Mornings

Al Sharpton
As part of an ongoing shakeup at the cable news channel, Sharpton’s “Politics Nation” will shift from 6 p.m. weeknights to 8 a.m. Sundays.

His last weeknight show will be Sept. 4 and his first Sunday show Oct. 4.

“I’m very happy,” he said Wednesday. “First, I can reach a wider audience of people who don’t get home by 6 at night. Second, I can now get the A-list guests and newsmakers I want. And third, a Sunday morning host is what I always wanted to be.

“I never wanted to be a weeknight pundit. I wanted to be a Sunday morning newsmaker. I wanted to be Dr. Martin Luther King, not Larry King.”

The NY Daily News reports Sharpton said he will pretape some of the Sunday shows and do others live. He will also continue to preach in church on Sunday mornings, he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment