Wednesday, October 7, 2015

L-A Radio: iHM Moves Ellen K To Mornings On KOST

iHeartMedia Los Angeles announced today that Ellen K, veteran radio personality and co-host with Ryan Seacrest on KIIS 102.7 FM's morning show, will make the move to anchor mornings on sister station KOST 103.5 FM.

Ellen K
"The Ellen K Morning Show on KOST 103.5" will debut on October 19th at 6:00AM. Concurrently, long time KOST personality Mark Wallengren will move to host afternoon drive.

"Ellen K is a major marquee radio talent, and we saw a real opportunity to bring her to KOST, building a great roster that also includes one of L.A.'s most beloved personalities, Mark Wallengren, now leading our afternoons," said Andrew Jeffries, SVP of Programming for iHeartMedia.

"Ellen's personality and life experience make her extremely relatable to the adult KOST audience, and she will bring a real sense of personal connection for the listeners to the morning show at KOST. At the same time, Mark Wallengren is part of the foundation of this legendary radio brand, so having him at the helm in afternoons makes this a one-two punch for the station."

Ellen K has one of the most recognizable voices in radio. Most recently Ellen co-hosted "On Air with Ryan Seacrest," the market-topping No. 1 Los Angeles morning drive-time show for iHeartMedia's 102.7 KIIS-FM as well as the top rated, nationally-syndicated music and entertainment show "On Air with Ryan Seacrest," heard on 170 stations across America as well as on iHeartRadio.

Ellen regularly appears on The Talk and has been the voice of The Grammys, People's Choice Awards, the iHeartRadio Music Festival and was most recently selected as the voice of the 88th Academy Awards, in addition to narrating "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "My Big Fat American Gypsy" on TLC. In 2012 Ellen was honored with a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame for her work in radio, and was awarded the inaugural Airblazer award by the MIW - Mentoring and Inspiring Women in radio.


"For over a decade, I've had the privilege to co-host "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" on KIIS FM," says Ellen. "It's been an amazing ride, and I'm extremely grateful. I am also thrilled to announce that my new adventure will be on the legendary KOST FM hosting my own morning show-"The Ellen K Morning Show on KOST 103.5. "

Mark Wallengren
The listeners, along with the hard working KOST staff, will make hosting this show a dream job. Thank you to iHeartMedia for their continued support that inspires me to do a job that fascinates me every day. I am looking forward to continuing my interaction with Southern California listeners in a positive & informative way with great music, great prizes, fun topics and more. Thank you in advance SoCal - for letting me be a part of your mornings on KOST!!!"

Mark Wallengren, who has been the host of mornings for 30 years, says "I have always said that KOST 103.5 FM has the greatest listeners and my relationship with them is why I've been doing mornings this long. I am so proud to have been a part of Southern California's morning routine for all these years and being a part of our listeners' lives on a daily basis is something precious and special. I am excited to announce that very soon, I will be moving to afternoon drive, where I will be with Southern California parents picking kids up from school and taking them home from work as opposed to the reverse. I'll continue to bring many of the same things our listeners have come to know and love about my show to the afternoons. See you on the way home!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment