Friday, February 5, 2016

Cincy Radio: Workload Forced Bobbi Maxwell To Resign

Bobbi Maxwell
Bobbi Maxwell, who resigned last month from Cumulus AC WRRM 98.5 FM after more than 30 years on radio here, says we haven’t heard the last of her.

“I’m not done with radio. I still love it,” she tells Cincinnati media writer John Kiesewetter.

Maxwell left Cumulus’ WARM98 when managers refused to ease the burden of doing on-air and production for 130 Westwood One stations – plus her own WARM98 afternoon drive shift.

Cumulus added more work to its employees in August after firing 70-plus Westwood One employees. She couldn’t take the stress any more.

“It was effecting my health and my local show. I couldn’t do anything with the phones (talking to listeners), or much of anything local,” she says.  “Doing an afternoon drive in a show the size of this market (also) was just impossible. WARM98 was the biggest market I was on, and I was really missing my focus being there."

“I knew after a few weeks I didn’t want to be part of this,” she says. She asked managers to change her Westwood One assignment or ease her workload, but it didn’t happen. She asked again in December. So she resigned two weeks ago.

She’s now devoting more time to her voice-over business (BobbiMaxwellvoiceovers.com) from her home studio.

She started her career on WKRQ-FM (Q102) in 1983.  At WWNK-FM (1988-97), she was honored as one of Billboard magazine’s top five large-market adult contemporary music directors and DJs. She joined WARM98 as afternoon DJ in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment