Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Toledo Radio: Cliff Smithers New WRQN PD, AMHost

Cliff Smithers
Cumulus Media announces that Cliff Smithers joins Classic Hits WRQN 93.5 FM in Toledo as Program Director and Morning Personality.

Smithers will debut on The WRQN Breakfast Show on Monday, August 8, 2016.

This marks a homecoming for Smithers, who started his radio career at Cumulus Media-Toledo, where he was on-air for 21 years from 1989 through 2010, hosting shows on WTOD-AM 1560, WRQN-FM, and on K100 (WKKO).

His other on-air positions include shows on WIOG in Saginaw, MI; WGRV in Detroit; and CBS Radio-Detroit's WOMC and WYCD.

WRQN 93.5 FM (7 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area
Bill Michaels, Cumulus Media-Toledo Operations Manager, said: "We are thrilled to have Cliff come on board as PD/Morning talent for WRQN. Cliff's market heritage, knowledge of the format and social media skills make him the perfect fit!"

Smithers said: "I am beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to return to Cumulus/Toledo as PD at 93-5 WRQN. I would like to say thank you to Andy Stuart, Bill Michaels, Mike McVay and Doug Hamand for believing in me and giving me this awesome opportunity. WRQN is staffed with true professionals and I am very excited to work with such a great team! I would also like to say thank you to Gary Shores and Harvey Steele at WKKO/K100 for being mentors to me over the years in this business. I feel honored to step into this position at such a great radio station and am excited to get to work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment