Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Melania Trump Defends Donald In Rare Media Interviews

CNN’s Anderson Cooper interviewed Melania Trump in what the network said was her first sit-down interview since accusers came forward to make groping allegations against her husband.

Fox News’ Ainsley Earhardt also interviewed her on Monday. The full interview on “Fox & Friends” will air on Tuesday.

Donald Trump's wife defended her husband in the wake of the recent surfacing of the Access Hollywood tape in which he talked about kissing women and grabbing them by the genitals without permission and getting away with it because he's a star.

Melania told CNN that Trump may not have known his microphone was on, and called what he said "boy talk," saying that host Billy Bush was, quote, "egging on" what he was saying. She laughingly stated, "I sometimes have said I have two boys at home: I have my young son, and I have my husband."

However, Melania also called the comments "offensive to me and they were inappropriate."

She stated, "I said to my husband that, you know, the language is inappropriate. It's not acceptable. And I was surprised, because that is not the man that I know." Melania said Trump apologized to her, and she accepted his apology. Asked about the claims several women have made since the audio surfaced that Trump sexually assaulted them or made unwanted sexual advances, Melania dismissed them as "lies."



Trump himself has denied the claims, calling the women "horrible, horrible liars" and disparaging the appearance of some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment