Monday, November 21, 2016

Miami Radio: Al P Named New Night Host At WFLC

Al P
Cox Media Group (CMG) Miami names Al P as the new Night Show host for Miami’s CHR Top 40 radio station, WFLC HITS 97.3 FM.

“I have not met someone with more hustle than Al P,” said Director of Branding & Programming for WFLC Jill Strada. “Al came to HITS with a dollar and a dream…literally. And he proved that he has what it takes to take over the Miami scene and squash the competition!”

Al P started his radio career at the age of 16, hosting and mixing on internet radio show. Then at 19 he interned for at SBS Entertainment in New York City. His big break came when he was hired to be a part of the morning show at CBS’ WBMP. In April 2016, Al P moved down to Miami to work at CMG’s WFLC/HITS 97.3.

“Al P has been a fantastic addition to our HITS 97.3 team,” added CMG Miami’s VP and Market Manager Rob Babin. “He will no doubt make an even greater impact to our brand in his new role!”

Al P said, "First and foremost, all the glory goes to God. So many things could've gone wrong in my life, but I chose to stay away from the negatives that surrounded my life in order follow and finally achieve my dreams of being on the radio! I can't wait to take over the city with my HITS fam!"

WFLC 97.3 FM (100 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area
Al P is second generation Colombian-American and was born and raised in Patterson, New Jersey. He said he always had two dreams in life, first to become a professional soccer player and second to spin and talk on the radio. He added, “I'm just glad at least one of them worked out for me. What a time to be alive!”

No comments:

Post a Comment