Thursday, December 8, 2016

Radio-TV Simulcast Set for 'Smoky Mountains Rise'


The Dollywood Company announced Wednesday that Dolly Parton will head up "Smoky Mountains Rise: A Benefit for the My People Fund" to be aired at 8 p.m. Tuesday on Great American Country cable network.

Dolly Parton
The celebrity all-star guest list includes Reba McEntire, Kenny Rogers and Alison Krauss, reports WYFF-TV4.

The nationally broadcast, three-hour telethon will raise money for the Dollywood Foundation My People Fund, established by Parton, The Dollywood Company and Parton's dinner theaters in the wake of last week's wildfires in the entertainment icon's home area of Sevier County, Tennessee.

"Smoky Mountains Rise" also will be simulcast across multiple radio chains, including iHeart Media's digital and select on-air platforms, Cumulus Media's "NASH Nights LIVE," TuneIn's Country Roads channel and several other platforms.

"My home in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee is someplace special," Parton said. "Wildfires have affected many of the people -- my people --who live in those beautiful mountains. We want to provide a hand up to those families who have lost everything in the fires. I know it has been a trying time for my people and this assistance will help get them back on their feet."


The My People Fund will provide $1,000 each month to Sevier County families whose homes are uninhabitable or were destroyed in the recent Smoky Mountain wildfires.

Any family who lost a primary residence, whether renters or homeowners, to the wildfires in Sevier County will be eligible. A pre-application for those affected is available at dollywoodfoundation.org.

During the telethon, viewers will be asked to call 1-866-CARE MORE to donate to the My People Fund.

Tax-deductible contributions can be made to the My People Fund at dollywoodfoundation.org or mailed to:

My People Fund
c/o Dollywood Foundation
111 Dollywood Lane
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

No comments:

Post a Comment