Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Albany NY Radio: Sean McMaster OUT At Country WGNA

Sean McMaster
Veteran WGNA 107.7 FM morning personality Sean McMaster is no longer on-air at the Townsquare outlet. No reason has been given.

He posted his departure on Facebook, Monday. He said it was with mixed emotions that he wrote this post: “Today was my last day at WGNA. After more than 20 years of sharing my life with the greatest listeners of all time, this even to me, seems to be unbelievable. I have taken my role as an advocate of my listeners very seriously through the years and I hope that you will all support me in what was the hardest decision I have ever made.”

As of early this morning,  more than 500 listener mesages of support.

While at WGNA, he created “Pennies from Heaven,” an exclusive charity of WGNA that raised and distributed money for Capital Region children, and was a creator of "Blue Friday" a New York State recognized holiday that honors police officers who have died in the line of duty. He has been a winner of the CMA Award For Air Personality Of The Year and a couple of New York State Broadcasting Awards as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment