Saturday, May 27, 2017

Golic Disputes 'Poisionous' Mike & Mike Show

Earlier this week, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch spoke to multiple ESPN staffers who have or had a role on the network's soon-to-be-ending Mike & Mike show, and they all said the same thing - the mood on the set isn’t great.

According to philly.com, the staffers painted a picture of a fractured relationship between hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, who they say practically ignore each other on the set, creating a “poisonous atmosphere.”

The rift between the two hosts reportedly began after Deitsch first reported way back in September that ESPN was considering moving Greenberg to his own morning show, something Golic was unaware of. Greenberg also reportedly signed a huge new deal that reportedly pays $6.5 million a year.

But Golic told the South Bend Tribune that the comments made to Deitsch are not true.

“Greeny and I have talked. Greeny and I are fine,” Golic said. “In all honesty, I had more of a problem and was a little disappointed that people that work on my show would anonymously throw stuff out there. I’m not a big fan of the anonymous thing.”

“If you can’t put your name to it, I don’t know why you’d say it,” the host continued. “But Greeny and I are fine. We absolutely are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment