Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Chicago Radio: Gary Spears EXITING WJMK

Longtime Chicago Personality Gaery Spears announced Friday he’s stepping down as afternoon personality on CBS Radio classic hits WJMK FM 104.3 and plans to move to Florida.

His last day on the station known as K-Hits will be October 13. His departure was first reported by Chicago Media write Robert Feder.

A native of Lafayette, Indiana, Spears was one of the original jocks of the “Hot Hits” format when CBS Radio turned WBBM FM 96.3 into a Top 40 station. His first run there from 1982 to 1984 was followed by a second from 1990 to 1994. He’s been back in Chicago since 2011 at K-Hits, where he signed on as midday host. He moved to afternoons the following year.

“I want to thank the great people in Chicago who have supported me here over the past 6+ years AND my other 2 tours of duty in the 80’s and 90’s at B-96,” Spears wrote on Facebook Friday. “I guess I became a weather snob after living in L.A. for nearly 15 years and the thought of another Midwest winter doesn’t thrill me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment