Thursday, September 28, 2017

Report: Jemele Hill Cried During Meeting With ESPN President

Jemele Hill
Controversial ESPN host Jemele Hill cried in a meeting with ESPN President John Skipper because she turned the network into a “punching bag” when the SportsCenter host came under fire for calling President Trump a “white supremacist” on Twitter earlier this month, reports Fox News.

“It was the first time I had ever cried in a meeting. I didn’t cry because Skipper was mean or rude to me. I cried because I felt I had let him and my colleagues down,” Hill wrote in a commentary on the ESPN site 'The Undefeated' that was published on Wednesday morning.

Hill, an outspoken liberal, admitted that “Twitter wasn’t the place to vent,” but went on essentially to double down on her initial comments about Trump, claiming they were about “right and wrong,” as opposed to politics.

"Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has surrounded himself with other white supremacists," Hill wrote on Sept 11. She called him "the most ignorant, offensive president of my lifetime." Hill also called Trump a "bigot," and "unqualified and unfit to be president." She even added: "If he were not white, he never would have been elected."

“Since my tweets criticizing President Donald Trump exploded into a national story, the most difficult part for me has been watching ESPN become a punching bag and seeing a dumb narrative kept alive about the company’s political leanings,” Hill wrote.

While Hill might consider ESPN’s political leanings a “dumb narrative,” many fans and media watchdogs disagree. ESPN has terminated on-air talent in the past for right-leaning actions on social media, but has stood by Hill, who eventually tweeted that she had regrets for painting ESPN in an “unfair light” but stood by her comments about Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment