Saturday, April 14, 2018

NBC Hockey Analyst Now Cancer Free


After several days watching NHL playoff games in the studio, Eddie Olczyk is more than ready to return to the booth.

After easing his way into this year’s Stanley Cup playoffs following a seven-month battle with colon cancer, the NBC Sports hockey analyst, horse-racing announcer and former NHL player and coach will start the day Sunday in the studio in New York before hopping on a train to to Philadelphia to call Game 3 of the Flyers’ first-round playoff series with the Pittsburgh Penguins at 3 p.m.

On March 14, Olczyk, who is affectionately known around the league as “Edzo,” got the call from his oncologists that he was cancer free. His ordeal began last summer, when he underwent emergency surgery to remove 14 inches of his colon, according to philly.com.

“I’m 50 days removed from my last cancer treatment, not that I’m keeping count,” Olczyk, 51, said. “I’m just so relieved and so thankful that I’ve rid myself of the poison.”

No comments:

Post a Comment